2. Nel buco del mulo for a sandwich
4. Vendita Libri, Cioccolata e Vino to sample an editable shot glasses made of chocolate
5. Walk up Gianicolo Hill - admire Rome and the cannons that fire at midday - change of plans! Visited Piazza Navona instead. Would try to find an apartment here next time, it's our favorite place to eat and relax.
7. Visit Trevi fountain at midnight! Another change of plans. Trevi is closed for construction until Late October.
9. Catch a glimpse of the eye of the Pantheon, or oculus ... arrived just as the doors closed for the day... so naturally we stopped for a pizza instead.
10. Antico Caffè del Moro to sip a pear collins
11. Pizza and vino at Dar Poeta ... well I missed the pizza shot... bruschetta anyone?
12. Selfie w/ The Sistine Chapel's ceiling. 5,000 square ft of frescoes. Don't get caught this time ... I felt bad breaking the rules so these pics have been carefully taken from inside my handbag... as you can tell I'm sure.
13. Lunch at La Boccaccia Trastevere for a broccoli and sausage pizza ... minus the broccoli.
14. Meet friends on the the widest stairway in all of Europe, Spanish Steps
15. Aristocampo for an eggplant and wild boar dinner
16. Much needed dawn run through the Vatican City ... too many late nights turned our run into a stroll.
17. Deliver Nespresso in bed to my hubby every morning
18. Visit the cross at the Colosseum ... in the rain which was very beautiful.
19. Sunday morning walk from our cottage to the Porta Portese Flea Market
I'm writing from a little apartment on the 3rd floor of this street. It's 1:56am here in Trastevere and I have a terrible case of jet lag, still. Seven days of Roma and it's been a treat. See you tomorrow Chicago!
Until next Sunday at 7pm - Laura Rose